Monday, September 24, 2018

Carrie Underwood Honored With Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star



On Thursday (September 20th), Carrie Underwood was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in front of the famed Capitol Records building in Los Angeles.

Dressed in a red trench coat and black dress, Underwood cradled her baby bump as she was joined by her husband Mike Fisher and their 3½-year-old son Isaiah Michael, as well as Simon Cowell and Brad Paisley, who both gave speeches.



“This shy lady walks in and sings ‘I Can’t Make You Love Me’ and the show turned into full color. That was the effect Carrie had on me and the producers and we thought we may have found a great artist here,” Cowell said, recalling Underwood’s St. Louis audition in 2004.

Fellow country singer Paisley also sung her praises: “Carrie Underwood, is in many ways, this generation’s Dolly Parton as Ms. Country Music. I don’t think we could ask for a better ambassador,” he said. “I don’t think there’s anything she can’t do.”

“This is the best of country music in concrete,” her longtime CMA Awards co-host continued. “I can’t wait to see everything you do from here. I think of the artists that’ll be in here at Capitol Records that are going to walk out here one night drunk and throw up on the star of one of the most important artists we will ever have in our format.”



Underwood tearfully thanked her loved ones. “How is this my life? How does a girl from Checotah, Oklahoma, get a star on the Walk of Fame? I will tell you: belief. So many people who have believed in me,” she said, acknowledging her parents.

“As I got a little older and reality set in, you just don’t know, ‘Is this possible?’ So I try out for American Idol and there was belief. Judges who believed in me from the beginning and people who voted for me that believed in me the whole way through,” Underwood added, before thanking those who believed in her, including husband Fisher.

“I met an incredible man, Mike, who thinks I’m so much better than I actually am. Thank you for believing in me as a human, as a wife, as a mom, and supporting me through all of this. He believes in me and we had another little man who believes in me too. Isaiah Michael, I love you so much. You’re the best thing we ever did. I love you and I believe you,” she said, facing her husband and son. Watch the highlights from her presentation beneath: